Invest in your financial future and grow your savings with our Member Saver account. Get annual dividend, free life insurance, 24/7 online access and tailored support through your GMB Credit Union membership.
No set up costs or hidden charges
Annual dividend each April, letting your savings work harder for you
24/7 access to your account online, keeping track of your savings wherever you are
Additional GMB membership benefits, including saving as you borrow with affordable loans and support on managing your money
Get free life insurance cover up to the age of 80
Your Member saver
- Save via direct debit, standing order, or bank transfer, benefit payments
- Online account management via our App or the My Account area of our website
- A straightforward easy access account via faster payments
- An annual dividend paid in April*
- Deposits are fully protected by the FSCS
*Our anticipated dividend return for 2023 is 3.50%, but this depends on our financial performance and agreement at our AGM.
You’re eligible to apply if you…
- Are 18 years or over
- Are a GMB trade union member or an immediate family member
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum opening deposit is £5
- Maximum savings per member is £25,000
- Maximum savings per month are £1,500
- Lump sum deposits are accepted up to £1,500
- Withdrawals are by faster payments to a member’s nominated bank
- Member savings may be locked to act as security for your loan
- Eligible members receive an annual dividend in April, after it’s agreed upon at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Dividend is calculated based on your daily balance throughout the year, from January 1st to December 31st
- Dividends are paid gross
- Your liability to pay tax depends on your individual circumstances
Why choose us?
GMB Credit Union is more than just a financial institution – we’re a community where members help each other. We make sure that money circulates for the benefit of the community by pooling member savings and then lending it to other members. Support our GMB community and boost access to affordable credit with your GMB Union membership.